This page contains the application form. Please read all instructions carefully and review the application checklist to verify that you have all required documents prior to completing this form. You will find a section at the end of the form that will allow you to upload the other required documents to be submitted alongside your application.
- Application Form
- Letter Describing Your Research Interests and Career Objectives
- Curriculum Vitae
- Concept Paper
- Letter From Your Home School/Department Advisor
- Personal Statement
Detailed Application Checklist
The following is a list of required documents to submit online alongside your application:
- A letter describing your research interests and career objectives. This will help us get you started on a project that interests you and match you with the right mentors to help
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of 3 professional references
- A concept paper (max 2 pages) that outlines your interest in Big Data science and healthcare
- A letter from the home school/department advisor (secondary mentor) confirming the home institutional support for you to participate in the T35 program as a trainee.
- A personal statement describing your future professional goals and how this experience will contribute to your future goals. (Please limit to 1 page)
This program is for students enrolled in a graduate program leading to a doctorate degree in physical and/or quantitative sciences. Students participate full time for 3 consecutive months. The preferred time period is from mid-May through mid-August. The following is a full list of eligibility requirements:
- Must be a full-time pre-doctoral student from a quantitative or physical science department with a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Must have completed at least one year (two semesters) of study before the summer training begins
- Must express interest in exploring independent research in Big Data in infectious disease and/or healthcare
- Must receive a formal agreement from home department/school for summer release to attend the training
- Must commit to the 3-month formal 40-hours-per-week training engagement in the T35 program
- Must commit to submitting a publishable manuscript in an area of Big Data infectious disease research no later than one year after the summer training
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (unless strongly justified based on exceptional relevance to NIH)
Program Timeline Reminder
January 15, 2022: Application deadline
February 1, 2022: Trainee selections are made
March 1, 2022: Traineeship offers are awarded
May 15, 2022 to August 15, 2022: Anticipated traineeship period
Traineeships are awarded each year on a competitive basis.
Before You Apply
Before you apply, please discuss your interest in participation in this program with your faculty advisor and correspond via email with Dr. Bankole Olatosi and Ms. Audrey Auen, indicating an interest in applying for the program. It is important that your home department be involved in this process to ensure that scheduling conflicts are avoided and protocols are being followed.